Sunday, October 19, 2008

Obama ma-ma-ma-makes me happy.

I would personally vote for Barack Obama if I was eighteen years old right now, because of his plan for people with disabilities, tax cuts, and his foreign policy.

Right now about 1 in 6 Americans have disabilities country wide, and will grow because of the wars American soldiers are facing in the middle east. In 2006, statistics says that people with disabilities have a three times chance of living below the poverty line. Let's pretend I am a quadriplegic, which is to say I am dude that has no arms and no legs, what can I do about? The answer is probably nothing, but Barack Obama has a say to this; Obama as president would make the USA sign the U.N. conventory on the Rights of Persons with Disablilities. This would be the first human rights treaty signed by the U.N. in the 21st century and a basis to respect rights to people with disabilities worldwide. I also like how he has a four part plan system to this. According to this four part plan, he would provide Americans with diasbilities educational opportunity, end the discrimination, increase employment with people with disabilities, and support independent, community-based living for Americans with disablities. Simple ways for helping me is that Obama and Biden will make a new tax credit to help cheapen college. According to this, Obama's Disabilities Plan Fact Sheet, this Tax Credit will ensure $4,000 of college education is completely free for most Americans . This pretty smart in my opinion, for it helps mostly everyone else. I beilieve everyone deserves to be equal, and that no one should be discriminated against, that's why I think we need some change.

Why Would I vote for Barack Obama? It's the Economy, stupid. Barack Obama says he will provide $50 billion to jumpstart economy. This I think would probably keep many, many americans from losing their jobs in this economic crisis right now. During the last presidential debate, they had an ongoing talk about taxes. Mccain kept attacking Barack Obama on this issue how he would raise taxes to Americans. I guess, this is too put this statement into those people that have brains of a sheep. Barack Obama had to repeat himself that he would lower 95% of working class Americans taxes. Only people who earn a considerable amount like $250,000 would be taxed a bit more. Obama's Tax- cut, even shown in Ads is three times bigger than John Mccain's plan. I am coming from a middle class family, and I am starting to see that taxes are playinga big part in paying our houses. It's getting to the point where it gets me worried, that i might go through bankruptcy.

Third reason why I would vote for Obama is because of Mccain's foreign policy. I know, John Mccain is a great war prisoner, but that does not guarantee a great president. I mean, Queen Elizabeth during the Middle aged Europe had no experience in war but she is considered to be one of the greatest leaders ever. John Mccain is kind of like the next Bush, he even said so somewhere, how he agrees with Bush 90% of the time. Spending $10 billion a month on Iraq is riduculous when you consider are economy is in horrendous condition. I think we cannot stop terrorism, because it is just like drugs, it is pretty much everywhere. Obama and Biden proposes a new strategy to withdraw and redraw troops, and would be less careless in getting out than when they came in to the war in Iraq. Obama says he would talk to other world leaders about global issues, and it would not matter who he would have to sit with. I still remembered when I was in 8th grade U.S. History, I saw a black puny man on television with his whole face covering the screen objecting to the War in Iraq initiation. My awesome teacher, predicted if there was going to be a black president someday it may be him. Now I think it's amazing how time flies and Obama is providing plans for the war, that may help our econmy also.

No comments: