Sunday, October 19, 2008

Obama

There are other reasons why I would vote for Obama other than the fact that he's black.

1. Education. I am still kinda lost as to exactly what he wants to do because it is really hard to trust newspapers considering that they may give information that is altered to make one candidate look better than the other, but the one that I like about his education plan is the Teacher Service Scholarship program. The program grants scholarships to people who plan on becoming teachers in exchange for teaching in high-needed fields or location. I personally like this plan considering that Science and Math are the highly needed fields and those are the two things that I would teach if I become a teacher.

2. Abortion. I may not be a woman, but if I was, I would want the right to choose what to do with my own body. Considering that women have just recently gained some of the rights men have, why not the choice to abort a baby? Obama supports the Supreme Court's decision on Roe vs. Wade, I may not completely approve of killing a "human being", but I believe that it is not my place to a woman what she can or can't do to herself. Like I said, I would want the right to choose what to do with my own body, whether male or female, or both.

3. Immigration. Only because it is mainly targeted at my people and because Jason and Wilson will get a kick out of it. From what I understand, Obama wants to make it slightly easier to become a U.S. citizen and he is also allowing illegal immigrants who have not committed crimes to learn English and return home to Mexico and try to become citizens the right way. Honestly, I think the people who are already here would stay or are already on there way to becoming citizens or are ready to go back home, but having the opportunity to stay is great. In reality it doesn't matter. If Obama does promote economic growth in Mexico then the majority of problems with illegal immigrants will cease to exists, considering the fact that those illegal immigrants only come to the U.S. to gain money and then go back home to there families. The option to become a citizen is nice and all, but just promoting economic growth in Mexico, a lot of the problems should be solved.

No comments: